The Anaheim Ducks promote responsible drinking and positive fan behavior at Honda Center. The Ducks Fan Code of Conduct and the details of the Ducks alcohol management plan that appear below ensure that fans have a safe and fun experience.
Alcohol Service Policies:
|Age to Check ID:|
|Max Alcohol Drinks:|
|Maximum Cup Size:|
|Concession Stands:||Start of the 3rd Period|
REPORT INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR
|Honda Center has partnered with LiveSafe to provide guests with a new app focused on safety and security. The LiveSafe app is a tool that provides a quick, convenient, and discreet way to communicate with Honda Center Security. Download the LiveSafe app to report tips, receive emergency updates and enhance your overall security. Available for free in the Ducks App by tapping Submit Security Tip in the menu, or find it on Google Play or the Apple App Store.|
|Alcohol management training at the Honda Center is not currently conducted by TEAM Coalition.|
The Anaheim Ducks offer fans a designated driver program at all Ducks games at Honda Center.
The following Honda Center Building Policies have been established to promote a safe, secure, and enjoyable environment for all of our guests, artists, and employees.
The Anaheim Ducks, Honda Center and Los Angeles Sports Council support the area’s outstanding collegiate and professional sports teams. In order to ensure a safe and celebratory environment, we ask that fans refrain from the following behavior at all events:
- Profanity or other offensive language, whether spoken or appearing on apparel
- Smoking, other than in designated areas
- Intoxication or excessive alcohol consumption
- Bringing prohibited items into the venue
- Throwing of items or liquids
- Entering the playing field or court at any time
- Fighting or other threatening behavior
- Failure to retain ticket and/or present it to event staff if requested to do so
- Resale of tickets at the venue
- Violation of state or local laws
Failure to comply may subject you to ejection or arrest.Fans are encouraged to report inappropriate behavior to team/venue personnel. We welcome your help in our efforts to provide an enjoyable experience for all guests.