The Boston Celtics promote responsible drinking and positive fan behavior at TD Garden. The Celtics Fan Code of Conduct and the details of the Celtics alcohol management plan that appear below ensure that fans have a safe and fun experience.
Alcohol Service Policies:
|Age to Check ID:||All Ages|
|Max Alcohol Drinks:||2/person/possession|
|Maximum Cup Size:||20 oz|
|Bottles:||Sold with caps off|
|Concession Stands:||1 Hour prior to the scheduled end of an event|
Report Inappropriate Behavior or Request Assistance
TEAM Training is conducted at TDGarden by Delaware North Sport Service.
2017-2019 Training Profile for Delaware North Sport Service at TD Garden
- 21 sessions
- 728 employees trained
- 8 active trainers
The TD Banknorth Garden, the Celtics, Bruins and Anheuser-Busch have teamed up to implement a Designated Driver Program. Fans of legal drinking age who hold a valid driver’s license are eligible to sign a pledge to become Designated Drivers and agree not to drink alcohol and to drive their group home safely. The designated Driver booth is located at the Guest Relations Office on Level 4, Section 4 of the concourse.
|Designated Driver Program Totals|
The NBA Fan Code of Conduct, which sets forth expected standards of decorum for all fans attending NBA games, will be posted prominently in all NBA arenas, and public address announcements concerning some of its key elements will be made during each NBA game. Guests who fail to adhere to these standards will be subject to ejection and revocation of season tickets.
The Guidelines also set forth minimum standards regarding the serving of alcohol, including the provision that alcohol be served only until the start of the fourth quarter, restrictions on the size (24 ounces) and number (two) of alcoholic beverages sold per individual customer, the training of arena personnel in effective alcohol management, and the maintenance of designated driver programs in each NBA arena.
The National Basketball Association, Boston Celtics, and TD Garden are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable sports & entertainment experience. NBA fans have a right to expect an environment where:
- Players will respect and appreciate each and every fan.
- Guests will be treated in a consistent, professional and courteous manner by all arena and team personnel.
- Guests will enjoy the basketball experience free from disruptive behavior, including foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
- Guests will consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner. Intervention with an impaired, intoxicated or underage guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Guests will sit only in their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested.
- Guests will not engage in fighting, throwing objects or attempting to enter the court, and those who engage in any of these actions will immediately be ejected from the game.
- Guests will smoke in designated smoking areas only.
- There will not be any obscene or indecent messages on signs or clothing.
- Guests will comply with requests from arena staff regarding arena operations and emergency response procedures.
The arena staff has been trained to intervene where necessary to help ensure that the above expectations are met, and guests are encouraged to report any inappropriate behavior to the nearest usher, security guard or guest services staff member. Guests who choose not to adhere to these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund and revocation of season tickets and may also be in violation of city ordinances resulting in possible arrest and prosecution.
The NBA, Boston Celtics, and TD Garden thank you for adhering to the provisions of the NBA Fan Code of Conduct.