NASCAR promotes responsible drinking and positive fan behavior at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway Guest Policies and the details of their alcohol management plan that appear below ensure that fans have a safe and fun experience.
ALCOHOL SERVICE POLICIES
|Age to Check ID:||All ages|
|Max Alcohol Drinks:||2 drinks per person/transaction|
|Max Beer Size:|
|Max Wine Size:||N/A|
|Max Spirits Size:|
Alcohol Management at Indianapolis Motor Speedway is not currently conducted by TEAM Coalition.
TEAM Coalition promoted alcohol responsibility at Indianapolis Motor Speedway at the Indy 500 Race Weekend in 2019.
Designated Drivers who make the pledge at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway are entered in NASCAR Responsibility Has Its Rewards Sweepstakes.
Responsible NASCAR Fans at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway .
- 1384 fans pledged to be responsible fans in 2018
- 858 fans pledged to be responsible fans in 2019
Indianapolis Motor Speedway works to provide a fun, yet safe, environment for fans with the following policies:
- Audio and Video Recording Equipment. These are not allowed within concert areas.
- Binoculars, scanners and cameras. Professional cameras are not allowed within concert areas.
- Camera stands (tripods, monopods) as long as they do not cause a safety hazard or obstruct the view of others. Camera stands are not allowed within concert areas.
- Carts and wagons are allowed every day except Indy 500 Race Day. The use of carts and wagons may be restricted in some areas.
- Coolers no larger than 18”x14”x14”, coolers may be hard or soft sided.
- Flags as long as they do not obstruct the view of others. Flags are not allowed within concert areas.
- Food and beverages.
- Mobility aids used by guests with disabilities. Guests are responsible for securing unattended wheelchairs and scooters. IMS reserves the right to prohibit any device based on size or other considerations.
- Strollers, lawn chairs and folding camping chairs. Strollers, regular height lawn chairs or folding chairs are not allowed in Concert Pit and VIP areas.
- Umbrellas as long as they do not obstruct the view of others. The umbrella’s user takes sole responsibility for the safe use of the umbrella.
- Aerosol cans.
- Animals (except service animals providing assistance to an individual with a disability).
- Coolers larger than 18″ x 14″ x 14″
- Drones and similar remote controlled devices.
- Fireworks and flares.
- Glass containers.
- Golf carts.
- Illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia.
- Lasers of any kind.
- Roller blades, skateboards, skates, hover boards and scooters.
- Sampling or flyers of any kind.
- Scaffolding or platforms.
- Selfie sticks.
- Weapons of any type, including knives, firearms and ammunition.
- Any other items not mentioned that may pose a safety hazard or diminish the enjoyment of the event by other guests.
Guest are prohibited from the following:
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive or illegal in nature
- Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
- Intoxication or other signs of impairment that results in offensive and/or irresponsible behavior
- Bringing prohibited items onto IMS property
- Item list available @ www.IMS.com/GateRegulations and www.IMS.com/ParkingCampingPolicy
- Entering or attempting to enter any building or location without authorization
- Failure to follow instructions of IMS staff or law enforcement
- Verbal or physical harassment of others including guests, participants and IMS staff
- Smoking in prohibited areas
- Interference with the event
- Amplified voice devices that cause disruption to the even
- Illegal acts including, but not limited to – theft, vandalism and public indecency
- Loud or disruptive music or noise