Toronto FC promote responsible drinking and positive fan behavior at BMO Field. The Toronto FC Fan Code of Conduct and details of the TFC alcohol management plan that appear below ensure that fans have a safe and fun experience.
Alcohol Service Policies
|Age to Check ID:||25 and younger|
|Max Alcohol Drinks:||2/person/ possession|
|Max Cup Size:||24 oz|
|Liquor Sold:||Club Level|
|Bottles:||Sold with caps off|
|Concession Stands:||65th Minute|
|Clubs/Suites:||30 Minutes After Game Ends|
Text Messaging System:
|On event days, simply text your location and inquiry to 647-933-5354. Your text will be received by our onsite staff who can provide you with the information you need or dispatch others to your location. Currently, this program is only available on game days.|
|Text Number:||(647) 933-5354|
Alcohol Management at BMO Field is not currently conducted by TEAM Coalition.
Supporters at BMO Field are encouraged to make the Labatt Good Sport Designated Driver pledge:
- I will not consume alcohol at today’s event.
- I will provide safe, sober transportation home for my group.
- I will make sure everyone buckles up – every trip, every time.
Designated drivers who make this pledge at Toronto FC home games receive a free soft drink and are entered into the Major League Soccer Responsibility Has Its Rewards Sweepstakes.
Maple Leaf Sports + Entertainment (MLSE) is committed to providing a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for our fans and guests at BMO Field (the Stadium), and MLSE is committed to providing courteous and professional service. Everyone should expect and help to promote an environment where people are treated in a courteous, professional, considerate and respectful manner by all fans, stadium staff, team and event personnel, performers, players and other guests. Accordingly, MLSE will not tolerate unsafe, abusive, unlawful or offensive conduct and will immediately action any such behaviours as they represent a threat to the safety of the event and occupants of the venue. This conduct includes, without limitation:
- Fighting and/or inciting others to fight or inciting unruly or disruptive behavior
- Causing significant damage to property
- Using (including on any sign or other visible representation) political, threatening, abusive, insulting, offensive language and/or gestures, which includes racist, homophobic, xenophobic, sexist or otherwise inappropriate language behavior
Note: Threatening and/or abusive behavior directed towards other fans, players, officials or staff members will be subject to sanctions even if done outside the time period of an event (including on social media)
- Entering or attempting to enter the field, the field track, the tunnel or any otherwise restricted area
- Possession of Restricted Items and Prohibited Items (defined below) including the possession or use of an unauthorized pyrotechnic device, smoke or firework, or attempting to introduce one inside the venue
- Obscene or indecent messages on signs or clothing
- Throwing any objects onto the field (including streamers)
- Failing to follow directions from venue staff regarding compliance with the Fan Code of Conduct, stadium policies and emergency procedures
- Declining to promptly return a ball that enters the stands
- Inappropriate consumption of alcoholic beverages, which includes purchasing for, possession of, or consumption by a minor or possession or consumption of alcohol not purchased within the stadium
- Sitting in a location other than the seat identified on the guest’s ticket
- Any disruption of the game or event by a guest’s actions
- Engaging in any commercial activity not authorized by MLSE
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes or vapourizers)
- Any act which, in the opinion of Stadium officials, presents a risk to the safety of fans or staff
Failure to abide by this Code of Conduct is subject to sanctions at the discretion of MLSE, which may include ejection without reimbursement, suspension of entry privileges, arrest, and banishment from any or all MLSE facilities. MLSE may also sanction supporter and/or fan clubs for the violations of the Code of Conduct.
If you experience any difficulties on an event day, please text your issue and location to 647-933-5354 or contact the nearest BMO Field Usher, Security or Fan Services Representative. Standard text message rates apply. On non-event days, please contact Fan Services at 416-815-5982.
Season ticket members and suite holders are reminded that they are responsible for the behaviour of anyone using their tickets and that failure to abide by this Code of Conduct by suite holders, Toronto FC or Toronto Argonauts season ticket members, or by anyone using their tickets, may result in loss of season ticket member or suite holder privileges.
All guests are reminded that bottles, coolers and containers of any kind are not allowed into the Stadium and may be confiscated. MLSE reserves the right to limit the size of bags, purses or backpacks permitted within the Stadium. Guests are advised to consult the applicable Stadium websites for specific policies with respect to bags. MLSE reserves the right to prohibit the entry of items which may, in MLSE’s opinion, interfere with the ability of other guests to enjoy the game or event.
Stadium staff have been trained to intervene when necessary to help ensure a safe and comfortable environment. Guests are encouraged to report any violations of this Code of Conduct or any inappropriate behaviour to the nearest usher, security guard or fan services staff member.
MLSE thanks you for adhering to this Code of Conduct and for making each event special and memorable to you and your fellow guests.
*Please note that the use of streamers and confetti as an expression of fan enthusiasm is not prohibited, but will be kept under review. Streamers are not to be used to impact the competition and/or thrown at or toward the field of play or at a player, referee or Stadium staff member.