Toronto FC promote responsible drinking and positive fan behavior at BMO Field. The Toronto FC Fan Code of Conduct and details of the TFC alcohol management plan that appear below ensure that fans have a safe and fun experience.
BMO Field and Major League Soccer are committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable soccer experience for all guests in and around our stadium. Fans have a right to expect and enjoy an environment:
- Where Fans are encouraged to cheer, sing, and otherwise support their team while remaining respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, referees, opposing team fans and players.
- Free from fighting, thrown objects, attempts to enter the field, political or inciting messages, and disorderly behaviour, including foul, sexist, racial, obscene or abusive language or gestures.
- Where Fans comply with requests from stadium staff regarding stadium policies and emergency response procedures.
- Where Fans promptly and carefully return the ball to a stadium staff member or the ball kid on the sidelines in the event that a soccer ball enters the stands.
- Where Alcoholic beverages are consumed in a responsible manner and only by those of legal age.
- Where Fans conduct themselves in a lawful manner to avoid incidents in the stadium and in the parking lots.
- Free of Prohibited Items and Restricted Items (as defined below).
Failure to abide by this Code of Conduct at BMO Field or while attending any Major League Soccer match regardless of venue, is subject to sanctions at the discretion of building security and club management, including ejection, arrest and banishment from all MLS venues. Moreover, failure to abide by this Code of Conduct for Toronto FC matches (regardless of location) may result in loss of Season and Partial Ticket Privileges. Toronto FC season ticket and suite holders are reminded that they are responsible for the behavior of anyone using their tickets. Should you experience any difficulties on an event day, please text your issue and location to 647-933-5354 or contact the nearest BMO Field Usher, Security or Fan Services Representative. Standard text message rates apply. On non-event days, please contact Fan Services at 416-815-5982. We thank you for adhering to the provisions of this Code of Conduct and for making this event special and memorable to you and your fellow patrons.
For greater clarity, and without limiting the foregoing, the following actions will result in ejection from BMO Field and/or the issuance of a trespass notice:
- Smoking on BMO Field premises
- Fighting, taunting, or threatening remarks or gestures
- Sitting in a location other than the guest’s ticket seat
- Any disruption to the progress of the event by a guest’s actions
- Possession of a Prohibited Item
- Throwing objects of any kind*
- Intoxication or other signs of impairment related to alcohol or drug consumption
- Failure to comply with requests from stadium staff regarding stadium policies and emergency response procedures
- Any act which in the opinion of TFC officials presents a risk to the safety of fans or Stadium personnel
*Please note that the use of streamers and confetti as an expression of fan enthusiasm is not prohibited, but will be kept under review. Streamers are not to be used to impact the competition and/or thrown at or toward a player, referee or stadium staff member.
At BMO Field, our goal is to promote responsible alcohol service and enhance fan safety and enjoyment. Our staff are trained in responsible alcohol management.
Rules and Regulations Governing Alcohol Management at BMO Field
- Alcohol from outside the stadium cannot be brought in.
- Any person found inside the stadium with alcohol not purchased inside BMO Field may be subject to immediate ejection with no compensation.
- A person may not enter the stadium in an intoxicated state.
- Intoxication in a public place is a criminal offence. Any person found on the property in an intoxicated state may be removed from the premises.
- Any person purchasing, possessing, or consuming alcohol must be 19 years of age or older and be able to produce acceptable photo ID proving their age.
- Acceptable forms of photo ID at BMO Field are:
- Valid Driver’s License; Age of Majority Card; Armed Forces Card; Passport; Canadian Citizenship Card.
- We ID under 25 years of age.
ALCOHOL SERVICE CUT-OFF TIMES
Soccer & Rugby
Alcohol cut-off time is at the 65 minute mark. For Toronto FC matches, the Bud King Club in the North End Plaza remains open after 65 minutes, however, alcohol purchased in this area must be consumed within the barriers and cannot be taken back to your seat. Service of 28 oz. (large) beer is cut-off after half-time.
Concerts & Non-Sporting Events
- Generally, alcohol is cut-off when the feature performer takes the stage. Please check with bar staff at the event for more specific information.
Please note that these cut-off times are only a guideline. BMO Field reserves the right to cut-off alcohol service at any point as necessary. While we strive to provide the most accurate information regarding all our policies, alcohol policies are subject to change.
Supporters at BMO Field are encouraged to make the Labatt Good Sport Designated Driver pledge:
- I will not consume alcohol at today’s event.
- I will provide safe, sober transportation home for my group.
- I will make sure everyone buckles up – every trip, every time.
Designated drivers who make this pledge at Toronto FC home games receive a free soft drink and are entered into the Major League Soccer Responsibility Has Its Rewards Sweepstakes.