Sporting Kansas City promotes responsible drinking and positive fan behavior at Children’s Mercy Park. The SKC Fan Code of Conduct and details of the alcohol management plan that appear below ensure that fans have a safe and fun experience.
Fans are expected to comply with Children’s Mercy Park’s and Major League Soccer’s Code of Conduct. Failure to do so may result in ejection from Children’s Mercy Park. Sporting Club does not condone misbehavior of any kind.
Major League Soccer is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable soccer experience for all guests in and around our stadiums.
MLS fans have a right to expect an environment where:
- Fans are encouraged to cheer, sing, and otherwise support their team while remaining respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, referees, opposing team fans and players.
- Fans enjoy the soccer experience free from fighting, *thrown objects, attempts to enter the playing field, political or inciting messages, and disorderly behavior, including foul, sexist, racial, obscene or abusive language or gestures.
- Fans comply with requests from stadium staff regarding stadium policies and emergency response procedures.
- Fans promptly and carefully return the ball to a stadium staff member or the ball kid on the sidelines in the event that a soccer ball enters the stands. Alcoholic beverages are consumed in a responsible manner and only by those of legal age.
- Fans conduct themselves in a lawful manner to avoid incidents in the stadium and in the parking lots.
*NOTE: The use of streamers and confetti as an expression of fan enthusiasm is not prohibited, but will be kept under review. Streamers are not to be used to impact the competition and/or thrown at or toward a player, referee or stadium staff member.
FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THIS CODE OF CONDUCT IS SUBJECT TO SANCTIONS, INCLUDING EJECTION, BANISHMENT AND ARREST.
MLS and its Clubs thank you for adhering to the provisions of this Code of Conduct and for making this event special and memorable to you and your fellow patrons.
Major League Soccer values the support of every one of its fans. MLS pledges to protect a fan’s right to:
- Watch the game in a safe, clean and healthy environment.
- Be treated in a courteous, consistent and professional manner.
- Be treated with dignity and respect by other spectators attending the game and those organizing the event.
- “Support” his or her team, provided that the support is in good taste and neither adversely impacts the event experience of fellow spectators nor negatively impacts the game.
- Expect displays of good sportsmanship.
- Expect timely and accurate information related to the game.
Alcohol sales in the general seating areas of Children’s Mercy Park will end at the 80 minute mark for Sporting Kansas City games. Alcohol sale end times will vary for other stadium events. Staff members at Children’s Mercy Park strongly encourage all fans to exercise responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages. Fans should be aware of the following policies during Sporting Kansas City matches and all major events:
- Any fan that shows signs of impairment and/or intoxication may be denied entrance to or may be removed from Children’s Mercy Park and subject to arrest.
- No alcoholic beverages can be brought inside the stadium. Any attempt to bring alcohol inside the stadium or possession of an alcoholic beverage not purchased from Children’s Mercy Park may result in ejection. No alcoholic beverages served inside the stadium can be taken outside Children’s Mercy Park.
- State of Kansas law prohibits the sale of alcoholic beverages to persons under the age of 21 years of age. All fans should be prepared to show proper identification if requested by the concessionaire staff member.
- Concessionaire staff members reserve the right to deny services to fans that show signs of impairment and/or intoxication.
- Fans providing alcoholic beverages to persons less than 21 years of age may be ejected from Children’s Mercy Park and subject to arrest.
- Fans possessing alcohol that do not have proper identification when requested by a concessionaire or security staff member may be ejected.
- A maximum of two alcoholic beverages will be sold per person per transaction.
- It is the responsibility of each guest to ensure that they have a safe means of transportation when leaving the facility.
- Stadium management reserves the right to change these policies and procedures at any time without prior notice to fans.
Supporters at Children’s Mercy Park are encouraged to make the Budweiser Good Sport Designated Driver pledge:
- I will not consume alcohol at today’s event.
- I will provide safe, sober transportation home for my group.
- I will make sure everyone buckles up – every trip, every time.
Designated drivers who make this pledge at Sporting Kansas City home games receive a free soft drink and are entered into the Major League Soccer Responsibility Has Its Rewards Sweepstakes.