Sporting Kansas City promotes responsible drinking and positive fan behavior at Children’s Mercy Park. The SKC Fan Code of Conduct and details of the alcohol management plan that appear below ensure that fans have a safe and fun experience.
Alcohol Service Policies
|Age to Check ID:||All|
|Max Alcohol Drinks:||2/person/ possession|
|Max Cup Size:||25 oz|
|Bottles:||Sold with caps off|
|Concession Stands:||80th Minute|
|Clubs/Suites:||90 Minutes After the Game|
|Time Lots Open:||3 Hours Before Kickoff|
|Time Lots Close:||2 Hours After the Game|
Text Messaging System:
|Fan Services number for Match Days|
|Text Number:||(816) 527-9611|
TEAM Training is conducted at Children’s Mercy Park by Sporting Kansas City.
Sporting Kansas City at Children’s Mercy Park has received TEAM Coalition Training Awards in past years.
Sporting Kansas City
Children’s Mercy Park
Supporters at Children’s Mercy Park are encouraged to make the Budweiser Good Sport Designated Driver pledge:
- I will not consume alcohol at today’s event.
- I will provide safe, sober transportation home for my group.
- I will make sure everyone buckles up – every trip, every time.
Designated drivers who make this pledge at Sporting Kansas City home games receive a free soft drink and are entered into the Major League Soccer Responsibility Has Its Rewards Sweepstakes.
Fans are expected to comply with Children’s Mercy Park’s and Major League Soccer’s Code of Conduct. Failure to do so may result in ejection from Children’s Mercy Park. Sporting Club does not condone misbehavior of any kind.
Major League Soccer is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable soccer experience for all guests in and around our stadiums.
MLS fans have a right to expect an environment where:
- Fans are encouraged to cheer, sing, and otherwise support their team while remaining respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, referees, opposing team fans and players.
- Fans enjoy the soccer experience free from fighting, *thrown objects, attempts to enter the playing field, political or inciting messages, and disorderly behavior, including foul, sexist, racial, obscene or abusive language or gestures.
- Fans comply with requests from stadium staff regarding stadium policies and emergency response procedures.
- Fans promptly and carefully return the ball to a stadium staff member or the ball kid on the sidelines in the event that a soccer ball enters the stands. Alcoholic beverages are consumed in a responsible manner and only by those of legal age.
- Fans conduct themselves in a lawful manner to avoid incidents in the stadium and in the parking lots.
*NOTE: The use of streamers and confetti as an expression of fan enthusiasm is not prohibited, but will be kept under review. Streamers are not to be used to impact the competition and/or thrown at or toward a player, referee or stadium staff member.
FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THIS CODE OF CONDUCT IS SUBJECT TO SANCTIONS, INCLUDING EJECTION, BANISHMENT AND ARREST.
MLS and its Clubs thank you for adhering to the provisions of this Code of Conduct and for making this event special and memorable to you and your fellow patrons.
Major League Soccer values the support of every one of its fans. MLS pledges to protect a fan’s right to:
- Watch the game in a safe, clean and healthy environment.
- Be treated in a courteous, consistent and professional manner.
- Be treated with dignity and respect by other spectators attending the game and those organizing the event.
- “Support” his or her team, provided that the support is in good taste and neither adversely impacts the event experience of fellow spectators nor negatively impacts the game.
- Expect displays of good sportsmanship.
- Expect timely and accurate information related to the game.