The San Jose Earthquakes promote responsible drinking and positive fan behavior at Avaya Stadium. The Earthquakes Fan Code of Conduct and details of the Earthquakes alcohol management plan that appear below ensure that fans have a safe and fun experience.
The San Jose Earthquakes and Major League Soccer are committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable soccer experience for all guests in and around our stadiums. MLS fans have a right to expect an environment where:
- Fans are encouraged to cheer, sing, and otherwise support their team while remaining respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, referees, opposing team fans and players.
- Fans enjoy the soccer experience free from fighting, thrown objects, attempts to enter the playing field, political or inciting messages, and disorderly behavior, including foul, sexist, racial, obscene or abusive language or gestures.
- Fans comply with requests from stadium staff regarding stadium operations and emergency response procedures.
- Fans promptly and carefully return the ball to a stadium staff member or the ball kid on the sidelines in the event that a soccer ball enters the stands.
- Alcoholic beverages are consumed in a responsible manner and only by those of legal age.
- Fans conduct themselves in a lawful manner to avoid incidents in the stadium and in the parking lots.
- Fans are asked to promptly and carefully return the ball to a stadium staff member or the ball kid on the sidelines in the event that a soccer ball enters the stands.
FANS WILL REFRAIN FROM THE FOLLOWING ACTS:
- Any action that causes a disruption, creates an unsafe environment, interferes with the game, or hinders the enjoyment of the game for others, including entering the visitor’s section.
- Mistreatment of visiting team fans, including verbal abuse, harassment, confrontations, intimidation, or threatening behavior.
- Fighting, taunting, or engaging in any action that may harm, endanger, threaten, or bring discomfort to anyone in the stadium.
- Possession or use of any illegal drugs or irresponsible use of alcohol.
- Damage, destruction, vandalism, or theft of any property.
- Thrown objects, attempts to enter the playing field, political or inclining messages, and disorderly behavior.
- Any use of profanity or foul language, both written and verbal, towards the home team, the away team, referees and staff.
Supporters at Avaya Stadium are encouraged to make the Designated Driver pledge:
- I will not consume alcohol at today’s event.
- I will provide safe, sober transportation home for my group.
- I will make sure everyone buckles up – every trip, every time.
Designated drivers who make this pledge at San Jose Earthquakes home games receive a free soft drink and are entered into the Major League Soccer Responsibility Has Its Rewards Sweepstakes.