The Portland Timbers promote responsible drinking and positive fan behavior at Providence Park. The Timbers Fan Code of Conduct and details of the Timbers alcohol management plan that appear below ensure that fans have a safe and fun experience.
Alcohol Service Policies
|Age to Check ID:||30 and younger|
|Max Alcohol Drinks:||2/person/ possession|
|Max Cup Size:||20 oz|
|Bottles:||Sold with caps off|
|Concession Stands:||70th minute|
Text Messaging System:
|The Portland Timbers and Thorns FC have a text alert system giving supporters the opportunity to safely and discreetly alert Providence Park staff to fan conduct issues at the venue. The Providence Park Guest Services team manages and oversees the alerts, and then distributes the information to the appropriate team personnel to address.|
|Text Number:||(971) 407-1739|
Alcohol Management at Providence Park is not currently conducted by TEAM Coalition.
Supporters at Providence Park are encouraged to make the Budweiser Good Sport Designated Driver pledge:
- I will not consume alcohol at today’s event.
- I will provide safe, sober transportation home for my group.
- I will make sure everyone buckles up – every trip, every time.
Designated drivers who make this pledge at Portland Timbers home games receive a free soft drink and are entered into the Major League Soccer Responsibility Has Its Rewards Sweepstakes.
Providence Park management is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for all guests. Our staff will proactively intervene to support a family oriented environment where all guests can enjoy the entertainment experience free from the following behaviors:
- Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
- Any disruption of the game by a guest’s actions or unauthorized entrance on the playing field or restricted areas
- Inappropriate displays of affection in a public, family setting
- Intoxication or other signs of impairment
- Obscene or indecent clothing
- Guests seated in a location other than their ticketed seat
If someone interferes with your enjoyment of a game, please contact a Guest Services Representative for assistance. Providence Park does allow standing during the run of play in sections where a majority of fans are doing so. This applies to the General Admission areas as well as typically in sections 99, 109-116 and the South Deck during Timbers matches.
Fans found in violation of the Providence Park Code of Conduct face ejection from the event as well as potential bans from future stadium events. Fans may also be asked to partake in a Fan Conduct Class before they are free to return to any Providence Park event.