D.C. United promotes responsible drinking and positive fan behavior at RFK Memorial Stadium. The D.C. United Fan Code of Conduct and details of the D.C. United alcohol management plan that appear below ensure that fans have a safe and fun experience.
D.C. United and Major League Soccer are committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable soccer experience for all guests in and around our stadiums. MLS fans have a right to expect an environment where:
- Fans are encouraged to cheer, sing, and otherwise support their team while remaining respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, referees, opposing team fans and players.
- Fans enjoy the soccer experience free from fighting, thrown objects, attempts to enter the playing field, political or inciting messages, and disorderly behavior, including foul, sexist, racial, obscene or abusive language or gestures.
- Fans comply with requests from stadium staff regarding stadium policies and emergency response procedures.
- Fans promptly and carefully return the ball to a stadium staff member or the ball kid on the sidelines in the event that a soccer ball enters the stands.
- Alcoholic beverages are consumed in a responsible manner and only by those of legal age.
- Fans conduct themselves in a lawful manner to avoid incidents in the stadium and in the parking lots.
- The use of streamers and confetti as an expression of fan enthusiasm is not prohibited, but will be kept under review. Streamers are not to be used to impact the competition and/or thrown at or toward a player, referee or stadium staff member.
Failure to abide by this code of conduct is subject to sanctions, including ejection, banishment and arrest.
D.C. United and Centerplate promote the responsible sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages. Guests should be prepared to show proper identification and proof of age when purchasing alcohol at RFK Stadium. All guests are expected and encouraged to drink responsibly. All alcohol sales will stop in the 65th minute of the match, or at the discretion of D.C. United and RFK Stadium management.
D.C. United takes on the Chicago Fire this season in the Heineken Designated Driver Challenge, a friendly competition to determine which club’s supporters can register the most designated drivers.
Supporters at RFK Stadium are encouraged to make the Heineken Designated Driver pledge:
- I will not consume alcohol at today’s event.
- I will provide safe, sober transportation home for my group.
- I will make sure everyone buckles up – every trip, every time.
Designated drivers who make this pledge at D.C. United home games receive a free soft drink and are entered into the Major League Soccer Responsibility Has Its Rewards Sweepstakes.